Friday 10 October 2014

Writing the type of track.

today i am going to be working on my house / dance track. I need to make sure it dosen't sound the same throughout the track, i will do this by looking for samples that will be added in as the track plays it's course. i won't just be looking for samples i will look at different types of genres to get inspiration of how to layout the track. I also used the push pad today and got to grips with the device and added a synth solo and melody on top of my existing track called 'polygon'. I then used a voice sample from the web and chopped the part out i wanted and triggered it using the sampler in ableton into the track as it progressed. i didn't just add samples i used FX, such as reverb and delay, to make them sound much more pleasing. I enjoyed working with the push because its very satisfying when i make a synth chord or sample compliment my track so well!
After everything i've looked at i've decided to use my own track because i made it and i know the 'feel' of the track, which makes it perfect as i can make my performance sound high quality as ill feel confident working with it.

how far do i think i've come ?; 

Having used the push pad for a 3 week period i feel that im very confident in using it with both a solo and a live performance. This means that i've developed my skills in improvisation which is key for my gig. Ive also developed my skills in sample usage and know when or when not to key them into a track.
I found out that with the pad you can add lots of fx and ive used them in practice sessions to make the synth lead or sample sound 'alive'.

sample cutting / making oneshots;

Today i am going to be selecting samples and cropping them to cut out parts of the sound that i like to make oneshots to then add into my performance

2 comments: